Thursday, November 1, 2012









Seriously - I haven't posted since JULY?? really JULY?? Well, it's not because I haven't had anything to share - oh my. Life, work everything has been crazy.  And, as I've pointed out before, I really do spend my time posting onto FB these days. If you 'like' Spector Photography FB page you'll see 1, 2 sometimes 3 posts a day showing you what I'm up to. The cute faces, laughs (sometimes tears) of all my adorable kids and families.  So, why post today on the blog?  Well, as some of you know
Horizon's For Homeless Children is very important to me and I want to spread the word as much as I can.

Today was their 14th WOMEN'S BREAKFAST and over 1200 people attended. This is the BIGGEST turnout they have ever had. This makes me feel all the more hopeful that the 1.6 million kids who are homeless this year might just have a chance!!

As usual it was an amazing event with the inspiration behind BLIND SIDE, Leigh Anne Touhy, speaking. Wow is she fantastic. Her energy and her belief inspired a room today - showing that giving just a little to those who are more in need can not only change their lives but yours as well.

Did you know.....

Homeless children are two times as likely to have learning disabilities.
Homeless children are three times as likely to have emotional and behavioral problems.
Homeless children are eight times more likely to  be asked to repeat a grade. 


Horizon's doesn't just shelter kids - they TEACH, LOVE and INSPIRE them.

YOU can make a difference.. to find out how check out their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment