Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Children's Book about Ms G




What a great morning I spent with Mish Michaels and Kathie Jameson at Drumlin Farms. Drumlin happens to be one of my favorite places to spend time with Teagan. Before we moved to the North Shore we used to spend a lot of time there.  We were back this morning ( I brought Teagan with me) to photograph Ms G.  their famous groundhog. She's very old now, 9, and Mish wanted to capture her image for a children's book she's writing.

It's a wonderful story (based on Ms G's own life) about a little girl who get's lost while storm chasing and is rescued by a dog who takes her to the very farm Ms G had been rescued to a while back. The girl and hedgehog become friends and the little girls campaigns in her 1st grade class to get Ms G recognized as the state's official groundhog!

Did you know that many states have an official groundhog? I didn't.  I also didn't know that there is a bill pending in the State House to make Ms G it!!

The lovely lady in pink is Kathie Jameson, the books illustrator.  I'll let you know when the book is published. It's sure to be adorable from beginning to end!


No comments:

Post a Comment