Friday, May 23, 2014

Newborn Portraits in Boston and on the North Shore




Ahhhhhh isn't Dominic adorable?  When is mom called me to schedule he was already 10 days old and I was a bit worried... 15 days at our session?? hmmmmm. I try to do all newborn sessions between 5 - 10 days. This is the best time for a newborn session - they've figured out how to nurse but haven't started cluster feeding yet so they are perfect for sleeping!  How would Dominic be? Would we be able to get him to sleep? Would he be super fussy? Would this end up a marathon 4 hour session?   Questions, yes, concerns, no. 

Well, he was a dream. He did take a while to fall asleep but we got there in the end - mom and dad called me a baby whisperer ;-)    That's a nice compliment.  The session was just shy of 2 hours and we got some amazing images. I'm so happy to work with just wonderful people. Newborn sessions are always special.

I hear some people talk about choosing a photographer because they are willing to travel, or they are will give them a 4 hour session. Spector Photographer will always travel to where ever you are and if 4 hours is needed then 4 hours is needed. Those should be givens with any photographer. I have two things to say about this however. First, if a photographer NEEDS 4 hours for a newborn session then maybe they aren't as skilled or experienced in handling newborns. Second, I am very happy to come to the home of a family but I do try to explain the advantages of being in the studio where there is a controlled environment for heat and light, lots of backdrops, baskets, wraps etc...   That said choosing your photographer is SO VERY important. You need to be comfortable with them and happy with results. I hope I give you all this and more!



No comments:

Post a Comment